Sunday, December 11, 2005

Creeping Crud

Well, I've really felt like yuch for over a week and a half now. I thought I was getting over this runny nose, itchy eyes, coughing, sneezing (why is it always 3 sneezes?) crud. I know...I could be in a "cold medicine" TV commercial...especially the one where they split the person's head down the middle...that's me. After the first day of symptoms, I drove myself to the walk-in clinic with a 101 temperature and the Dr. prescribed cough medicine, an antibiotic and Motrin for the fever. I loaded up on Puffs tissues (a must have for a really red nose) and Mentholatum (also for the sensitive nose and to help with breathing). I've changed my pillow case every nite and replaced my old toothbrush with a new one. The Dr. said it was sinus, and I believe him, but I really want this sinus spigot to stop now. I think I've averaged a box of Puffs a day so far. How someone's sinuses can produce this much mucous is beyond my comprehension! Surely there must be a way to harness that energy! Perhaps, I'm having a relapse, I'm not sure. Anyway, due to the fact that I've felt so cruddy, I haven't yet put up the first Christmas decoration in the house. Hopefully, tomorrow though I'll feel up to it and Neil and I can go get our Christmas tree as well. If this creeping crud hasn't subsided by the time I go through all of my antibiotic, it's back to the Dr. for me. The good news is, I'm apparently not contagious, and have successfully kept these germs all to myself. So, stay well everyone. Take your vitamins, wear socks on your feet, and stay warm!

1 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

i just now read this.. so glad you're feeling better! tis the season to get the crud.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home