Happy New Year 2006!!!

Ok, it's pretty pathetic but...Neil and I have become homebodies. Here we sit on New Year's Eve, just the two of us with a really large pizza, a bottle of Corona Light watching reruns of 24 on TV! Soon as that ball drops over Times Square, my body is going between the bedsheets. Hope all the rest of you young revelers enjoy the evening's celebration. As you can see, even our little 6 month old grandson, Ethan, did more celebrating than us! (thanks Em for taking such an adorable picture!)
Kristie and Jeff are in Missouri this weekend in preparation for Kristie's brother, Danny's wedding
tomorrow nite on New Year's Day/Night, whatever. They will be feting the happy bride and groom as part of their New Year's celebration. Brian, Emily, and Ethan are hanging out with some really fun family revelers from our church. I would write about our Christmas in Pensacola, but I think Emily did a great job capturing the moments with pictures and dialog so I'll just refer you to her blog. I honestly don't know how she did it....3 pack and plays (those are "playpens" for you older baby boomers out there), 1 high chair, 3 separate bags of clothes and toys distributed amongst 3 different locations as well as her and Brian's own belongings and Christmas presents! Phew! And that was all for only 1 child! Em, as your mom-in-law, I just want to tell you that I was very impressed! This morning I got a surprise phone call from a long-lost cousin of mine, June, who lives in Scooba, Mississippi. I can't remember when exactly was the last time we talked, it's been that long ago but we had a good conversation. Now that we've updated all of our email and demographic info, we can keep more in touch this year which is great.
SO, here's a Happy New Year to all of you from us, Neil and Glenda. We pray for you that this year will hold the best of God's rich blessings for you and your families. All of you long lost cousins out there, keep in touch and come visit us here in Panama City, home of the world's most beautiful beaches. Better come soon though before all the high-rise condos block your view. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home