Friday, March 10, 2006

And Baby Makes 3...Grandchildren That is


Well, it seems only fitting following my previous blog about Ethan that I continue with news about the ever expanding Delmar Dynasty. As you probably were already aware, Jeff and Kristie are expecting their first child some time around August 7th (my birthday), and they just found out that they are having a little girl whose name will be Karina Marie! Here is her pretty picture in utero. We are all very excited at this news seeing as how we've not had any girls born into the Delmar family since Neil's sister, Pam was born back in 1959. But wait, there's more! Brian, Emily and Ethan dropped by to see us the other nite and Emily brought me a book to read to Ethan entitled, " I'm a Big Brother". For a moment it didn't register. In my mind I was trying to figure out how Ethan could be a big brother to Jeff and Kristie's baby girl, then it hit me....Emily is pregnant with baby #2! She thinks that she may be due around Neil's birthday in November. Ethan will be 16 months old when the new baby arrives. Emily's not sure what she's having yet, but she'll find out before the due date. The funny thing is that I just bought a bigger car seat to keep in our SUV with the infant one, but now we've already outgrown our SUV with adults, babies and carseats! So, there you have it. Two more Delmar grandbabies to be born in 2006...isn't that just GRAND?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Middleton said...

Congratulations!!! That is soooo exciting, we couldn't be happier for you! it' will be a busy year! :)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

Amy, you're so right...it will be a busy year. We are very happy though to add 2 more grandchildren to the family tree! Just be careful though the next time you visit at Covenant...I don't think I'd drink the water...that must be the reason we're having this plethora of babies! :)

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those pictures of you babysitting Ethan! How adorable.

You are very blessed, as are Jeff and Brian, with a wonderful loving family! I just told my mother-in-law today how thankful I am for such a strong, loving Christian heritage in our family. They have had 7 grandkids in the past 8 years!!!! I sure wish sometimes that our parents were closeby so we could have date nights and they could see the grandkids! Emily and Brian are so blessed - maybe now you will have 2 girls coming up??!!! :)

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home