The Duggar Family
As I was surfing through the TV channels the other nite, I landed on the cable network which was airing a program about the Duggar family...you know the family with 16 natural-born children. I was completely fascinated and intrigued as to who this very prolific family was and how they managed the act of just living every day with so many people under one roof! Many of the questions that I was thinking about or preconceived notions were either answered or blown away by watching this family in action. I think what struck me the most about this couple was their complete faithfulness to God and His awesome Grace to them. One of the things the parents did early on in their marriage was attend a Bill Gothard Financial Freedom Seminar and committed from then on to live a debt-free life. They practiced the act of delayed gratification and have reaped the rewards for it (unlike many today who live for instant gratification). Their new 7,000 square foot home was built as a "family project" mainly by the dad and two oldest sons and was built "pay as you go". Really incredible. My grandparents were of the same mindset when it came to money...my grandfather never owned a credit card, always turned his paycheck over to my grandmother (who socked it away in the bank) and they always paid cash for everything they bought. This frugalness allowed them to live out their days owing no man anything.
Anyway, if you'd like to learn more about this fascinating family, just click on this post's title and it will take you to their homepage where you'll find FAQs, family recipes (especially for large amounts), homeschool info, as well as links to other great resources (such as the Financial Freedom Seminar info).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home